Jobs at Sqord
Sqord is a young tech company, growing fast and working hard to make active play fun again. A true start-up, we have spent the last year rolling out limited pilots across the country and the feedback from these locations is kids love us. Our program works. And it's time to go big. We've won a couple of major awards, and we're a member of the 2013 class of the prestigious TechStars program in Chicago.
We are using our momentum to begin building out our core team in Durham NC, in preparation for big things in the fall of 2013. Come help us change the world by making it more fun.
Sqord is looking for a Lead Developer to join its start-up team in Durham, NC.
We are looking for an amazing developer who is passionate about doing lots of great work and having lots of great fun. In this role, you'll be a key member of our small, growing team. Your voice will be heard in the product and engineering decision making of our company. You'll make far-reaching decisions, solve complex problems, and produce a lot of code.
Sqord is looking for a strong Developer to join our team in a leading role in Durham, NC. What does leading role mean? You tell us. If you point the way to world domination based on years of experience and well-earned gray hairs, let's do it. If you're seriously bright, but have no experience at all, there's no reason not to contact us and make your case. In either role, though, you'll be expected to climb into the trenches with us and sling code.
- Core Java and JavaEE skills and ability to work with JSP and JSTL
- Relational database experience using MySQL
- Web Application development using Spring MVC or a similar framework like Struts or Grails
- Ability to manage deployment on Tomcat servers with CentOS or other Linux distributions
- Self-starter/Fast-Learner who can create great work with little direction
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience with DBA and replication
- Linux experience
- Agile/Project Management
- Experience with build tools like Maven or Ant
- Experience using Hibernate or similar JPA implementations
- Availability to Travel
- Design, code, test, debug and document solutions to enhance existing product, working both with the leadership team and independently
- Respond as an owner to any user requests and bug reports to resolve any pending product issues
- Help manage production/staging servers and SVN
- Assist with technical Sprint planning and scheduling
- Manage small development teams, projects, and/or contractors
- Engage with Sqord's software and hardware technology vendors as needed
- Be a constant voice for quality with a can-do attitude
- Change the world
Education / Experience
- BS degree in computer/software related field or equivalent experience
- Prefer 3 or more years of experience in Java J2EE based software development
Please respond to email@example.com with your resumé, at least two references, and any samples of your work that you may have available.
Sqord is looking for a Community Manager to join its start-up team in Durham, NC.
As a Community Manager, you will be the voice of Sqord’s customer service process. It will be your job to help ensure that all of Sqord’s customers love their experience, feel like a true part of our community, and know that we will make sure we address any questions or concerns efficiently and effectively.
You will be the initial point of contact for customer questions, troubleshooting, or a simple hello from a happy user. You will need to be able to effectively work with our schools, youth organizations and corporate customers just as easily as our thousands of kids and consumer customers.
To be clear: you will not simply be answering phones, replying to emails and shuffling on support tickets. You will need to be able to listen and respond to customer insights, pass on feedback appropriately to the development and sales team, and help make suggestions on strategies for improving the overall product and support of the Sqord platform.
This will require you to maintain a high level of knowledge of the current and future Sqord product; best practices in schools, youth orgs and homes; ideally experience in building online communities and account management skills. The ideal candidate should be personable, highly motivated, a self-starter, detail oriented, and obsessed with delivering.
- Persistent, self- starter with a great attitude and strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Enjoy working in challenging environment while having fun doing it
- Eager to get involved with an early stage tech startup
- Durham/Chapel Hill/Raleigh NC or Seattle, WA area candidates are preferred
- Demonstrated analysis, problem solving and troubleshooting expertise
- Solid understanding of Internet technologies, website creation and online marketing
- Ability to multi-task and perform effectively under pressure
- Experience in building and managing online communities
- Comfortable interacting with all levels of management and roles within the client organization
- Ability to effectively prioritize and escalate customer issues as required
- Experience communicating with software engineering and product development teams
- Ability to extract feedback from customers to inform product development
- Excellent communication and presentation skills to effectively explain possible solutions to a customer's challenges and opportunities
- Detailed, organized and results oriented
- Ability to learn and assimilate technical information quickly
- Enthusiasm, strong work ethic and a positive attitude
- Help manage customer service of all Sqord users
- Provide thoughtful communication and support for Sqord customers through regular email communication, message forum administration, and possible meetings or feedback sessions
- Serve as a liaison between our customers and development teams to fix bugs and track all product feedback
- Constant refinement of CRM process
- Assist in testing for new features and product rollouts
- 1-3 years applicable experience in a customer service or technical support environment
- Experience educating and training end users for a software solution
- Experience proactively identifying potential customer problems
- Passion for the youth health and entertainment industry
- Bonus: Experience in working with schools and youth organizations
- Experience with SEO and Content Marketing
- Experience with Social Media Marketing
- Experience with WordPress
Sqord is a young company growing fast. We are always looking for talented people to join us in our quest to change the world. If you're talented in the ways of the web and if you're interested in doing big things, we really want to hear from you.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé, any samples of your work, and what you're looking for in your next big career move.