Lead Developer, JavaSqord is looking for a Lead Developer to join its start-up team in Durham, NC.
(Sqord?) We are a young start-up company, growing fast and working hard to make active play fun again. Yep. That means we are busy building a big business while also changing the world. You don’t get to say that around the water cooler very often. And the early feedback is that people love us. Our recent product launch has received overwhelming positive response and nation-wide attention, we are looking to grow our core team by adding great software development talent.
In this role, you'll have a leadership voice in the very early stages of our product and our company. You'll make far-reaching decisions, solve complex problems, and produce a lot of code. You'll have a lot of support in this role, but when it comes to coding the web site, you'll be our team’s version of those rockstar/ninja/gurus you always read about in sexy tech blogs. Seriously, things are happening fast at Sqord World HQ, and we're looking for a rock-solid developer we can really rely on to help us bring the best possible web experience to kids around the country.
A few other things you should also know about us, the guys behind the cyber curtain. We are parents that love working with youth and, although we are a doughy bunch, we passionately believe that kids engaged in their health and fitness will be the fuel for generations of success. We also believe that being active can be awesome. It does not have to be a chore or boring or uncomfortable. Awesome is our mission and that is what gets us up in the morning. So that is a little bit more about us in over 140 characters.
Now, if you're good, you've got plenty of options and we know it. Some are challenging, some have exciting upside, some offer nice titles. We think we can offer all of that good stuff and more. We want to work with talented people, but we also want to work with people that share our passion and our vision. If this is "just your next thing", we might not be a great fit. But if you are serious about wanting to turn the world on its head, we should definitely talk.
- Self-starter who can create great work with very little direction
- Core Java and Java Enterprise Edition (JavaEE)
- Strong relational database experience using MySQL
- Web Application development using any of the following frameworks: SEAM, Struts, Spring, JSF or Grails
- Experience using Tomcat Apache, Hibernate and build tools like Ant/Maven
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Design, code, test, debug and document solutions to enhance existing product, working closely with leadership team and independently
- Respond as an owner to user requests and bug reports to resolve any pending product issues
- Manage production/staging servers, including SVN and deployment schedule
- Engage with Sqord's software and hardware technology vendors as needed
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Prefer 3 or more years’ experience in Java J2EE based software development
Please respond to email@example.com with your resume, at least two references, and any samples of your work that you may have available.
Sqord is a young company growing fast. We are always looking for talented people to join us in our quest to change the world. If you're talented in the ways of the web, games, hardware, fitness, you name it, and if you're interested in doing big things, we really want to hear from you.
Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your resumé, any samples of your work, and what you're looking for in your next big career move.